Monday, September 26, 2016

We are now on our way home!  We said good bye to Pawn Shop Paul as he gets a ride from his friend John to the airport.  Kevin and I have chosen the southern route to avoid any major California traffic. We are taking I-8 across the edge of California into Arizona.  It is both incredible and so desolate!

Mountains of rock...


Turns into sand dunes...

We have driven all day until Gallup, New Mexico.  The hotel we are staying at is so cool!  Okay, minus having to figure out how to keep the tv on!  

We stopped for lunch in Gila Bend, Arizona at Sopfia's Mexican Food.  I say it was the most authentic (but what do I know!) tex mex food yet.  I had a burrito and Kevin had gorditos.  Let's just say, we had enough that lasted us the whole day!  The ladies there were very nice.

It was a windy day driving through the desert!  I am so glad we and the riders never had to experience this, it was a sand storm out there!  I also have noticed and have the opinion that I prefer the Sonoran desert more so than the Mohave desert.  There is more vegetation in the Sonoran, which includes the cactus that you think about in a desert.  

As a post note, I want to add that the wonderful Italian resteraunt that we attended in Palm Desert was Cafe Italia.  






2 comments:

  1. Take time to enjoy the trip home,no time limits or deadline for each day. You all did a great job and made good memories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Take time to enjoy the trip home,no time limits or deadline for each day. You all did a great job and made good memories!

    ReplyDelete