Saturday, September 24, 2016

I missed a photo opportunity last night from the lake of the sunset!  My phone and camera were in the room as I took a walk out to the shore!

This morning was perfect as we left Lake Havasu.  I did end up running interference for a group of riders on their way  out of town.  There was a long stretch of no passing or short passing areas so I just kept a steady distance, enough to protect them from crazy drivers!  This lasted about 25 miles!  I'm sure the drivers behind me hated me, but I hope the riders appreciated it.



Paul and I ended up on route 92 through the desert for quite some time time!  If you ask us, it was a lot of nothing!  When Kevin came in he expressed how beautiful he thought it was!  Talk about perspective!



We arrived in Palm Desert about 11:00 thinking there was no way we were getting in, surprise!  We 
were checked in and looking for lunch in no time!  We found lunch at an eatery in another hotel.  It was a huge club sandwich with awesome fries (I restrained and ate only a bit more than half!).  The calamari was less than to be desired (thank goodness it ended up free!).  
There was now free time time and no errands to run!  It is Pool Time!  Not wanting to burn I made it short, only 75 minutes.  By the time I got back to the room and showered, it was time for the bikes to come in.  



Here we are in California and there is a gentleman who tells Kevin he so appreciates his blog and videos on the Indian!  And then he tells me thank you for my blog!  (Yeah!  I'm being read!). More kazoos are handed out  and I apologize to the parents! 
Tomorrow is the big finish with 101 miles to go!  Please wish my Indian well as she /he has finished every mile so far!  


2 comments:

  1. Good luck tomorrow! We are rooting for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll try again! Baily and I will probably be in the movie yet when patience pulls in Carlsbad but we will probably here the Cheers! Proud of you all!

    ReplyDelete