Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Good morning from US 35, or let me say ; hello from Old 97 on old Hwy 729!  Today I get to be the passenger as Pawn Shop Paul drives.  I got a bit sidetracked talking last night and forgot to blog, hard to believe I know!

Yesterday was a beautiful ride for Kevin, he loves the West Virginia roads!  Patience, his given name to the Indian, worked fine.  Today everything added up to better mileage for the bike, 40 to 50 mpg and 6 quarts of oil to 2 quarts. When he got in there were bolts to be tightened, batteries to be changed, and a front cylinder exhaust repaired ( if you want more technical details talk to Kevin!).


Paul and I had an uneventful drive across West Virginia.  The bridge across the Ohio River looked pretty cool but no photos to show since I was driving.  It was at this time the trees all of a sudden decreased and more fields started appearing.  I forgot to mention in earlier posts that there are already some fields harvested out here!

We checked into the hotel today in time to help with someone's laundry supply needs.  This chance meeting turned into my social outing for the evening as well as transporting a burned up bike for the days while Kevin is out riding.


Yesterday brought another mishap to a bike and rider.  While crossing a bridge one of the Henderson bikes got sideswiped by a pick up!  Thankfully both rider and bike are still running!  
We started the day with 67 bikes going out.  I'm not sure the count today but I know it was less.  I am so proud to say Kevin is still out there!

In one of my earlier posts I shared the local newspaper article and thought how impreeive to be married to a celebrity!  Never did I image how true that thought was until I stand with him as people come up and talk to him.  I can't tell you how many of them tell him they are followers of his blog and what an amazing job he does documenting his work.  They tell him how much they have learned from him and thank him for sharing his knowledge and experience.  I feel my chest swell with pride! 



These gentlemen were some of them who greeted us in Chillicothe last night and were there again this morning to send the riders off.  They mentioned the kazoos and even gave us a donation, and yes I have kazoos ready to hand out!




No comments:

Post a Comment