Wednesday, September 14, 2016

True to my word I got up early to work out.  I was worried to person with the room next to the elliptical machine would come bounding in claiming it was too annoying !  They never did and all was well.

This morning the weather showed a chance of rain...and they were correct!  Everyone ran into rain today.  At the end of the day it sounded like a number of them skipped the lunch break because of the 
rain.  The evening gathering at the finish line saw some heavy sprinkles, but it didn't dampen the interest of the crowd.

I have to share this sign I saw at a gas station near here,  it's hilarious!








Paul and I arrived in Cape Girardeau, Missouri early.  We picked up a few things at Menards and then
headed to the waterfront area to eat and met the riders later as they came in.  Today we had lunch at
The Broussard's Cajun Cuisine.  I tried the seafood gumbo, it was delicious!  If all gumbo is this good I have really been missing out!  

Having missed lunch, everyone got in earlier than expected.  The supporters of the event here put on a wonderful supper at Port Cape Girardeau, a local BBQ place.  

After waiting the allotted time on display, the bikes were off to be worked on.  Tonight the shop that is helping Kevin and another rider is Grass Roots BMW Motorcycles.  Hank, one of the shops mechanics is helping Kevin.  A big thanks to all of them there that helped make this possible.  When I left the shop, they were getting into cylinders and wheel and chain stuff, I think that's what I heard-too busy carrying on another conversation!



Back from day 5!



Bikes on display AR waterfall.




This, is Hank and Kevin getting a game plan!!  For his help, he won  a kazoo,
I can list more details tomorrow after talking to Kevin.

Tomorrow we will be in Springfield, Missouri.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for keeping us updated. I saw Kevin and the Indian in Bloomington and am looking forward to continued updates.

    ReplyDelete