Monday, September 19, 2016

At the end of day nine of riding, my Indian is getting ready for tomorrow's ride in Pueblo, Colorado.  Today the ride was a hot 270 miles through Kansas into Colorado.  Although the day started out very foggy, even worse than Saturday, it only lasted for about an hour.

Driving across Kansas, we saw the biggest feedlot ever!  I should have taken a photo it was so impressive!  Then we saw the biggest wind power parts yard!

We got to Pueblo by noon.  We checked in and got a place to eat lunch.  Let me just say, so much better than the last couple days!  We were given the recommendation to an Irish brew pub.  So we took the two block walk to the Shamrock Brewing Company.  It was delicious!  Both Paul and I had the green chili chicken mac cheese.  It was a pasta dish with chicken and a creamy cheese sauce with a bit zip to it.  To make sure every bit of sauce was enjoyed, two prices of wonderful tasting bread accompanied the dish.  Talk about a carb overload!  It should have been two meals but oh no, I ate it all in one!  Paul, nope he quit and did not get the clean plate prize!

We then walked it off by finding the Riverwalk.  It is a small version of San Antonio's Riverwalk.  We were entertained by a toddler playing in a fountain.



Here is Kevin as he arrives this afternoon.  Again, all miles complete in the allotted time.  We then found out the riders got a free supper from non other than Shamrock Brewing Company!  Support people got a discount.  Having already eaten too much,  I did not feel like another try at it.  Kevin and Paul went to work on the bike while I got some take out.  Even with that it was wonderful.  Paul had the Irish ale cheese soup. The same bread came with it, Paul was in heaven!  Kevin chose the Irish club sandwich, a fancy Reuben!  Another palette pleasing choice.

I forgot to mention while we were in the restaurant earlier today, I noticed how supportive of October breast cancer awareness they are.


Now that's a big pink bra!  

The sign of the day:
You won't find this one in Nebraska!

After a long day yesterday (they worked until 2am!) they only had to work until 9pm tonight.  Tomorrow we have to be out by 7:00,  so it off to bed for us now.

Good night



2 comments:

  1. Even if I can't be with you I can follow your blog and use my imagination being there, thank you for keeping us informed! May be I can imagine my aching bones coming from riding all day, better than saying their getting old!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even if I can't be with you I can follow your blog and use my imagination being there, thank you for keeping us informed! May be I can imagine my aching bones coming from riding all day, better than saying their getting old!

    ReplyDelete