Saturday, September 10, 2016

Saturday morning and the time has come,  off to the Boardwalk in Atlantic City for the grand departure. There is a group from Scotland who had a bagpiper play a song for the rider and his bike.  There were  a number who were dressed in period clothing and some in some sort of team attire.









Ninety-two riders lined up to start today but about two dozen did not get to complete the day's journey.  Three didn't make out off the boardwalk, many were broke down along the road and had to be picked up by the sweeper, and one rider lost his bike to a fire- thankfully he is okay.

By the end of the day, I was holding my breath anxiously waiting for Kevin to come.  I was so anxious I asked the coordinators about him and they assured me he was still on the road.  Finally!  He arrived in good shape all things considered.  There was a bit of wrenching; bolts to tighten, spark
plugs to change, exhaust pipes to wrap, and maps to roll.  But all in all, not too bad I would say.

So as the night closes on the first day,  I hope tomorrow is another good day for my Indian!

So what did Paul and I do all day?  We drove to our destination and found  a few items at the auto parts store, put fuel in the motovan and food for bellies.  Upon the recommendation of a local young man, we choose the sushi place!  It was a good choice!



1 comment:

  1. Awesome to hear the Indian is off to a good start! We will be thinking of you both.

    ReplyDelete