Thursday, September 15, 2016

Thursday started off with Kevin leaving from Cape Girardeau having all his miles in for every day!  It was a cloudy day for Paul and I but once again, Kevin got stuck riding through some rain.  But never fear, my fearless Indian came through yet another day with all miles completed in the appropriate time!  This marks the end of six days and ranked 18th!

This is the crowd gathered to meet the riders in Springfield, Missouri.  It had a few thunder cracks and sprinkles but it held off for a beautiful night.  There was some work to be done again tonight but it was done in the parking lot with the people wondering and talking to the riders.  I was left alone some of the time as the boys had to go various places for items.  I was so happy I listened and watched Kevin with the bike because there were those who asked questions and I could answer partially.




One of the fans was riding this motorized bike and had Kevin take a seat.  I'm thinking he looks much better on the Indian!  

It took several hours to make the needed repairs and then it was off to supper.  We ate at the Italian restaurant across from the hotel, Gilardi's.  I had tuna and shrimp special that was wonderful!  Top that with but what else... tiramisu!  
All this goodness after a spectacular burger for lunch at Black Sheep in the downtown area.  I chose the newest item that was 4ounces of burger topped with 4 ounces short rib, egg, truffle mayo and chipotle bbq sauce! OMG!  It's like three sandwiches in one!  (Yep, you guessed it-Friday morning workout!)  and that was washed down with a delicious Oreo shake!




This is Sly.  He is 4 1/2 months old and so cute!  He was one of the spectators this afternoon (and the cutest!).  On that note, I am off to sleep.  Tomorrow we head for Wichita.  





2 comments:

  1. Had a friend, I think seriously, said "amazing what some people call fun". I think it's amazing some don't understand the pride and accomplishment you can get from greasy hands and skinned knuckles! I'm proud of team 97! Doing great kids!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Had a friend, I think seriously, said "amazing what some people call fun". I think it's amazing some don't understand the pride and accomplishment you can get from greasy hands and skinned knuckles! I'm proud of team 97! Doing great kids!!

    ReplyDelete