Wednesday, September 12, 2018

Here we are in Bourbonnais, Illinois.  I am happy to tell you that Patience is once again out on the road where she likes it best!  It was a bit long last night as the boys worked until about 1:30 am getting her in running condition for today!  It took taking off the new magneto and putting the old one back on with some timing adjustments and she sounds better.  Kevin was able to make all the miles today without incident.


Meeting a fan!

We on the other hand got a small detour through Chicago.  I felt like I was on the movie "Vacation" but in the daylight and without parts off the van missing!  Really,  it was fine just a minor tour through a part of Chicago I probably would never otherwise get to see.  There were some nice Tudor style houses along the streets.

We were able to check into our hotel and claim the washers first!  It is a plus not to have to fight the laundry line.  I left home with the economical size laundry pod container; one because it was cheaper per pod and two because you might need to be a good pod Samaritan.  Today I got to donate some away and be the laundry helper to a few support person.  He made sure to tell me he did know how to work a machine but not the coin operated type.

Sit down....we ate at a fast food place!  Jay assured me Checkers was not your normal run of the mill burger joint.  We each had a burger of sorts and I had the cheese sticks to go with.  Mark's was basically a double bacon cheese burger, Jay had a double bacon cheese burger with French fries ON it and I had a single cheese similar to whooper union with cheese. It was good as far as fast food.  I choose wrong for Mark, by the time Kevin was ready to eat, Mark was still full.

We ate supper at Tucci's Italian restaurant next to the hotel.  Also a recommendation from the hotel people earlier in the day.  I had chicken merlot with wild rice- so tender and good!  Kevin had Devil pasta with shrimp, it had jalapeño and some hot sauce in the sauce which he found to be quiet good.  Jay had their Hawaiian pizza that was delicious!  It was what I imagined the pizza earlier would be.

As a side note, tonight is my Bunko night which I am of course missing.  So here is the crowd I get to hang with instead!


Hope your Wednesday was as pleasant :)

Tomorrow we'll be in Cedar Rapids and get to see the Motorcycle museum there.

No comments:

Post a Comment